Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day Four Begins

Yesterday we went snorkeling in the kelp forest and we got to touch a sea slug and a dead Garibaldi fish. We also saw bat rays on the ocean floor. I got wacked in the face with a flipper a couple of times. Then we went on an eco hike on the south side of the canyon. There were amazing views of the ocean and other parts of Catalina.

~ Leo

It was early in the morning, about 5:30, and I couldn’t sleep. I was tossing and turning in my sleeping bag, trying to force my eyes shut. I finally decided I was up for the day. I got out of my sleeping bag and slipped out of my cabin. I walked down to the beach, all I could hear was the sound of birds chirping. I sat on a rocky path by the beach and watched the sun come up over LA. The sky was filled with explosive orange and red colors. I waited until the sun came all the way up to slip back into my cabin and fall asleep.


~ Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment