Thursday, May 21, 2015

Savana tells her story!

Dear anyone reading this,

It all started when and I woke up at 2AM in the morning. Of course it was way too early and we were still tired and decided to sleep a bit more. We ended up waking up at 3:40AM by mistake but managed to get ready and arrive to the airport on time. When we first got to the airport we had to check in our bags and waited for everyone to arrive. About a hour or so later we went through security and boarded the plane. This was going to be my first time on a plane and I was really nervous. When the plane began to move I was really excited but then it ended up taking awhile before it actually took off. When the plane started to speed up and was getting to lift off I got to witness it all due to my window seat. We flew into the clouds and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The sunrise was beautiful and the clouds looked so cool. When the plane took off everyone cheered for me cause it was my first time. Finally, when the plane was beginning to land I got to watch over LA and it was really pretty. We then got off the plane and grabbed our bags and waited for the bus. After the long bus ride we ate lunch then boarded the Catalina Island Ferry. Every since I have been at the island I got to do amazing things such as snorkel for the first time. It was pretty scary at first and I had to use a floaty board but after snorkeling for awhile, I became use to floating in my suit. I also got to hike both day and night. I learned where a few planets were and learned how foxes and deer use their ears. We also kayaked and it was pretty challenging but after a few minutes I got used to it. Today I got to participate in the ropes course and I did all 3 challenges. I was pretty scared at first but I felt well supported by my friends and that helped me. It is almost our last day on the island and I’m sad to say we will be leaving tomorrow but I really enjoyed my time here J


~ Savana the Banana

No comments:

Post a Comment