Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Morning Check In from Catalina

Hi! In the plane, I completed a crossword puzzle and it was fun. Before the boat came to a halt, I had to vomit because I was a little sea sick. The first thing we did in Catalina is we went snorkeling. It took forever to put on a wet suit but it was worth it by looking at the cool fishes in the ocean. On Tuesday, we went kayaking and I got sea sick again but I didn’t vomit. One night, we went on a night snorkel and it was pretty cool. When I got out of the water, I was cold and I really needed to use el bano. Hope you guys are having fun in New York.

~ Matthew Chan


Hello! I have had such a great time this trip. We have done so many fun things. One of my favorite parts of the trip was the snorkeling. On the snorkel I saw so many cool animals that I have never seen before. The water was way too cold on the second snorkel, On the second snorkel we went at night and it was freezing, I never want to do that again.  I had such a great time doing team building games. We had lots of fun overcoming all the activities. The trip has been so fun and I can’t wait to do more fun things. Hi father I miss you. Mia I miss you too.

Love your son Ben.


Hello. So far, I have had a great time on this trip. The trek from San Francisco to Catalina Island went along smoothly and I seemed quite awake, at least compared to everyone around me. On the first day, we put on a wet suit and went in the water to snorkel. I saw a lot of interesting organisms in the ocean and had a good time. The day after, we went kayaking for a couple hours and had a lot of fun doing boat wars and bumper boats throughout the kayaking experience. I capsized 3-4 times with none on purpose. I went in the water to swim as well. After, I went night snorkeling. This time, I felt miserable putting on the wet suit due to the freezing temperatures and my inadequate ability to put my foot through the pant leg. Eventually, I put on the wet suit and went in the water to snorkel. I sadly had to share a flashlight with a partner, leaving my visibility impaired for half of the snorkel. I was lucky enough to spot an octopus and point it out.
This has been a great experience I hope to continue throughout the trip.

~ Luke


They are trying to kill us with snorkeling. We are going snorkeling everyday. Before I disliked snorkeling now I hate it. I am in freezing water shivering and getting foot cramps from swimming with the fins. I wish we got to go hiking more often but we don’t and we also do not have an option to go snorkeling or not. I think this was a trip that I will remember and not in the good way. Now bye I will go and cry for myself

~ Joseph



Uhh, I don’t really know what to say… other than I’m having a lot of fun. I freaked out on the plane when it took off and when it landed for some reason. I’m really sore from snorkeling, (yes that’s possible) my thighs hurt and so do m arms, but not too much. Umm, what else. Oh! THE WET SUITS ARE HORRIBLE! They’re too tight, they hurt my arms, and sometimes they are still wet so its really cold when I put them on L. They keep saying that the water is warm but when I get into the ocean, I feel like I’m bathing in salty ice cubes. It’s a relief to get them off when we’re all done. I saw a lot of cool stuff while snorkeling, like sting rays, and lobsters. My favorite activities so far have been, kayaking, and rock climbing. I climbed the hardest wall like it was the easiest and I was really proud. Kayaking was really fun, they let us get out of our kayaks to swim and when I didn’t want to get out Georgina went ahead and made me capsize (I was in a single kayak). I wasn’t upset but I was wet, luckily it was hot. The food is really good, I’m happy about that. I’m not sure what else to write except that I love you Mom, My sister Dulce, my Dad and my Grandma. BTW Dad if you’re reading this, you Go pro is currently sitting in a bag of rice because when I took it on my kayak to take underwater pictures, water somehow leaked into the case. One of the instructors told me (after) that the case has a fatal flaw, which is that when you take underwater pictures, water sometimes leaks in from the buttons, even though the case is perfectly sealed (like yours was). Don’t be mad at me, I was very safe with it and very conscious of what I was doing. Ask anyone. Again I love you guys and I’ll see you all again on Friday!


~ Romeo

No comments:

Post a Comment