Thursday, May 21, 2015

Heading to the High Ropes Course

Today we went on a kayaking, snorkeling adventure. First we suited up into our wet suits. The suits are two main pieces, the bottoms which are pants and the top which is a jacket. We put on the pants which are extremely tight and hard to put on. We then made wetsuit babies. They are made up of our fins, goggles with the snorkel, hood, and finally the wetsuit top. We put them all together to form our wetsuit baby. We then went down to the beach and got into your kayaks. I went in a single because I’m much more comfortable in them and they are a lot lighter so you can go faster. The whole class got into kayaks and went to Emerald Bay. We all beached our kayaks with help of our consoler Turtle, his real name is Alex. We then got into our snorkeling gear and started swimming out to Indian Rock. The water was much different then the C.E.L.P cove. Their where many different animals to. Their where giant bat rays all over the sandy bottom. We saw some Garibaldi fish, schools of all colors of fish, and sand dollars that looked like ocean Oreos. The island is shaped like a man laying on his back, with a big chest, and has one small leg.

~ Kiley


I don’t know what time it was. It must have been really early in the morning. I caught a cold the first night we arrived at Catalina Island, and I couldn’t quite fall asleep on the second night. I went outside to get some fresh air and I sat on the stairs of our cabin. I was sitting there, enjoying the night breeze, for a few minutes before I realized I saw the outline of the deer, standing in the middle of the camp. I was a little surprised and smiled to myself. I looked around to see that there was more than just the two deer. I saw the dark outline of a big, bulky animal. I stopped smiling once I realized it was a big bison just a few meters from me. I watched it for a few minutes as it moved his head, turning while slightly shuffling its feet. I stood up and walked in the cabin and got in my bed, trying not to wake anyone up. I waited to tell everyone and finally fell asleep for an hour or two before waking up again before everyone else. By the way, I love you mom and dad.

~ Christian


If you look out to the ocean from the beach it could almost be Hawaii, but then you look up and see the dark clouds that have been hovering over the island for the past three days. There is still not a drop on the ground. The wetsuits were cold, because we used them for four days in a row. They are hard to put on, but even worse to take off. Todd is getting a more noticeable beard everyday. It’s starting to creep me out.


~ Sam™

No comments:

Post a Comment