Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Hello from Sadie Ray

My first day at Catalina Island began as a tired blur and ended in laughter. After waking at the despicable hour of 3 am I half walked half dragged myself to the car. I said my good byes at the airport and boarded the plane. I am not scared of a lot of things, but of my fears plane rides are featured prominently at the top of the list. I spent the plane ride in a state of terror thinking of everything that could go wrong. None of my scenarios were realistic (engine failure, freak accident, angry vampires) and we landed safely in LA. After an uneventful bus ride we arrived at the dock, waiting for our boat. I spent the whole ride on the deck trying to touch the turquoise water. After that everything was new and exciting, too much to keep track of. Exiting the boat, the spray of the sea, loudly singing Disney songs, volleyball, food, snorkeling, cabins, and fish. Through it all one thing became clear; this is going to be a trip to remember.
P.S. Hi mom! I love you.

~ Sadie Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment